Interventional Radiology (IR) is a medical subspecialty of radiology in which both vascular and nonvascular diseases are diagnosed and treated. IR utilizes minimally invasive, image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat diseases.
SMC’s Dr. Scott Hollander, a Yale-trained peripheral vascular interventional radiologist, performs the same-day, outpatient procedure to treat PAD. For a consultation, call 631-LEG-PAIN.
In the early stages, PAD symptoms may be hard to detect. Over time, symptoms may become more severe. It’s important not to ignore symptoms of PAD as a sign of aging and to seek medical attention before the condition advances.
– Early symptoms include:
– Painful leg cramping
– Resting leg pain
– Weakness and heaviness
Progressed symptoms include:
– Cold feet or toes
– Burning sensations
– Advanced symptoms include:
– Chronic sores
– Hair loss
By getting the right treatment and managing PAD, you can reduce risk of serious complications including amputation. Salem Medical Center offers a minimally invasive, same day outpatient vascular procedure, provided by Dr. Scott Hollander to treat this serious medical condition. Dr. Hollander is a Yale-trained Peripheral Vascular Interventional Radiologist specializing in peripheral arterial and venous disease as well as dialysis access maintenance.
PAD is a serious, but treatable disease. Treatments, procedures and testing include:
– Ankle-brachial Index (ABI)
– Duplex Vascular Ultrasound which helps to visualize the arteries and measure blood flow using sound waves.
– Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) which is real time ultrasound inside a blood vessel.
– Angioplasty and Stenting which helps open a narrow or blocked blood vessel.
– Atherectomy which decreases the amount of plaque in an artery, creating more blood flow. This procedure may be performed in conjunction with angioplasty and stenting.
Dr. Scott Hollander
Scott Hollander, DO, performs a minimally invasive, same day, outpatient procedure to treat Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD). Dr. Hollander is a Yale trained peripheral vascular interventional radiologist specializing in peripheral arterial and venous diseases as well as dialysis access maintenance. For a consultation, call 631-LEG-PAIN.